Sunday School Mission Statement & Goals
The mission of the Saint Barbara Sunday School is to be instrumental in the process of fostering a closer relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Sunday School staff will interactively teach biblical truths of salvation and partner with parents and family to help shape the Orthodox values of their children. We aim to encourage children to live their faith by studying the Holy Bible and Orthodox Christian teachings, supporting the church, volunteering their time, talents and treasure as good stewards in fellowship, and developing close, lasting relationships through which they can support one another in their lifelong journey with Jesus Christ.
- Inspire a love for God and His truth in the hearts, minds, and souls of our children; guiding them into a deeper, more personal relationship with Jesus, and a greater knowledge of His word and Orthodox Christianity.
- Prepare our students for a world that is increasingly ungodly, and equip our children with the biblical knowledge and spiritual fortitude necessary to live as an example of Christ within a secular society.
- Plant seeds that interactively engage students in religious studies that are both interesting and doctrinally correct, by offering well-rounded and theologically based lessons on the Bible, Worship, Prayer Life, Sacraments, Missions, and Outreach; thus supporting them with the religious foundation to become effective witnesses for Jesus Christ and devoted stewards of the Holy Orthodox Church.
- Instill in our students the importance of participating in the Divine Liturgy, during which we partake in the Holy Eucharist, receiving spiritual nourishment and strength through our communion with God.
- Continue cultivating the Religious Education Program so that the Sunday School staff remains prepared to instruct our children in what they need to know about their religion according to grade level, while establishing a stable and safe educational environment that is spiritually enriching for our children.
- Maintain a faithful and knowledgeable volunteer staff who, due to their personal commitment to Christ and the church, serve as teachers in the Sunday School program.
Search Our Website
Please enter a search term to begin your search.